K-Alloy is a cost effective highly corrosion resistant Aluminum die casting alloy with superior properties. Our customers utilize K-Alloy for applications where harsh environments cause corrosion, where chromate or other coatings are undesirable and when designs call for better heat dissipation.
- Young’s Modulus (psi) 1.04E+07
- Ultimate Tensile Strength (psi) 43,000
- Yield Strength (psi) 25,000
- Percent Elongation 5%; 8% - 10% after heat treating
- At least 87% primary aluminum by weight
- Very low copper content (.05 - .08%)
Our customers have found that K-Alloy can easily substitute for other die casting alloys like A380, A360 and A 413. In cases were coatings are applied for corrosion resistance K-Alloy can be left uncoated if desired. We have seen K Alloy subjected to 3,000 hours of B 117 Salt Spray Testing with no metal loss or surface damage. Other Al alloys would require coatings and still would not measure up to K-Alloy's corrosion resistance.
Some suggested applications (not an inclusive list)...
- Electronic component housings exposed to harsh environments
- Indoor and outdoor lighting, such as stadium lighting
- Saltwater applications including boat fittings, fishing and recreational equipment
- Defense applications including drones, military radios and antennas
- Electric motor cages and housings
- Automotive, trucks, construction equipment and harsh under hood environments including vehicle structural components